Clan Abercrombie People
Sir Ralph Abercrombie (1734 – 1801)
Fought in the Seven years war and became MP for Clackmannanshire. He rose to the rank of Major-General and led the landing at Aboukir Bay but was killed in Action.
John Abercromby, 5th Baron Abercromby (1841 – 1924)
John Abercromby was a Lieutenant with the Rifle Brigade. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, with an honorary Doctorate of Law. He was president of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland and succeeded as 5th Baron Abercromby on October 3, 1917.
After leaving the army in 1870 he devoted himself to languages, travel and folklore. In 1904 he introduced the term Beaker into the archaeological lexicon to describe the unusual drinking vessels being found all over Europe. He supported the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland and served as its president from 1913 to 1918. His will provided for the foundation of the Abercromby Chair of Archaeology at the University of Edinburgh, a post occupied by Vere Gordon Childe and Stuart Piggott.
His books include A study of Bronze Age pottery in Europe.
Quick Links to Clan Abercrombie Products from The Clan Shop
- Abercrombie Tartan Tie
- Abercrombie Tartan Pocket Square Handkerchief
- Abercrombie Tartan Scarves
- Abercrombie Tartan Kilts
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Badge
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Mug
- Abercrombie Clan Crest T-Shirts
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Belt Buckle
- Abercrombie Phone Covers
- Abercrombie Tartan
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Crystal Glasses
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Cufflinks
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Sgain Dubh
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Kilt Pin
- Abercrombie Clan Crest Plaques