Clan Langlands History
The family of Langlands of that Ilk, name apparently derives from a property of the same name in Peebleshire. The Langlands were lords of half the Barony of Wilton in Roxburghshire.
Johannes de Langland’s widow, Marion Cumyne, was granted a charted of the lands of Ochtirheuyd and Milsallystoun in 1364.
Around 1550 a Gawan Langlandis appears on the Register of Cupar Abbey, and in 1561 another Langlandis, John, was recorded in Dunfermline.
The lands of Kelso Abbey saw a Jemie Langland as tenant in 1567. Through a lack of male heirs, the original family line seems to have died out in 1814 with the death of Miss Langlands in Hawick. She was buried in Wilton Church.
Clan Langlands Posts