Kilts, Kilt Outfits & Accessories
Campbell Clan Tartan
What are the authentic Cambell Tartans?The Chief of Clan Campbell states:
- Campbell of Breadalbane--fine [to wear].
- Campbell of Cawdor--fine.
- Campbell of Loudoun--fine.
- Campbell of Glenlyon--I have never heard of it.
- Campbell of Loch Awe-this is plain ridiculous, as we are all Campbells of Loch Awe originally. - Apart from anything else, I have never heard of a Campbell of Loch Awe tartan, nor do I wish to do so.
- THERE IS NO DRESS CAMPBELL [TARTAN]--repeat! repeat! repeat!
- There is NO HUNTING CAMPBELL.
- There is NO CAMPRELL RED.
- There is NO CAMPBELL - SIMPSON.
- There are no Campbell cheques, other than commercial ones...
Note: The tartan displayed above has been reproduced electronically and the colours are approximate. This is a sample of just one of the tartans that may be available for this Clan, when possible we have shown the most popular Sett however many clans can have over a dozen variations of design and style (hunting - dress - ancient etc), The tartan displayed here may not always be the same variaion as the one used by product manufacturers.
Alternative Campbell Tartans