Clan Dalmahoy History
In 1295 Sir Alexander de Dalmahoy granted permission to the monks of Newbattle to pass freely through his lands and in 1296 he rendered homage.
Henry de Dalmahoy of Linlithgowshire also rendered homage in 1296.
Roger Dalmahoy was part of a garrison of Edinburgh Castle in 1339, Andrew Dalmahoy was ‘serjand mare of Edinburgh’ in 1522, and in 1684, William Dalmahoy was ‘quartermaster of his Maties troup of gauird’.
John Dalmahoy of that Ilk was made baronet by Charles II in 1679 and the title became extinct in 1800 with the death of the fifth earl, Sir John Dalmahoy.
Clan Dalmahoy Posts