Top 10 Funniest Jokes at the Edinburgh Fringe
For the past few years the TV channel ‘Dave’ has put a selection of jokes from the Edinburgh Fringe to a vote to find out which one’s the best. Here are the top 10 “funniest”:
1. Darren Walsh: I just deleted all the German names off my phone. It’s Hans free.
2. Stewart Francis: Kim Kardashian is saddled with a huge arse … but enough about Kanye West.
3. Adam Hess: Surely every car is a people carrier?
4. Masai Graham: What’s the difference between a hippo and a Zippo? One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter.
5. Dave Green: If I could take just one thing to a desert island, I probably wouldn’t go.
6. Mark Nelson: Jesus fed 5,000 people with two fishes and a loaf of bread. That’s not a miracle. That’s tapas.
7. Tom Parry: Red sky at night: shepherd’s delight. Blue sky at night: day.
8. Alun Cochrane: The first time I met my wife, I knew she was a keeper. She was wearing massive gloves.
9. Simon Munnery: Clowns divorce: custardy battle.
10. Grace the Child: They’re always telling me to live my dreams. But I don’t want to be naked in an exam I haven’t revised for.
A shortlist of jokes was selected by a panel of judges who saw an average of 60 shows each this year, and then they were put to a vote.
This year’s winner, Darren Walsh, whose show ‘Punderbolt’ is on at the Pleasance, said of winning the award, “What a punderful feeling.”
Tenth place, Grace the Child, is the youngest comedian to make the shortlist at just 12 years old.
What do you think about the top 10? Are there any jokes from this year’s festival that you feel should have topped this list?Tagged