Hannay Clan Crest
Hannay Coats of Arms
A note on Coats of Arms:
Under Scottish heraldic law a coat of arms is awarded to an individual (with the exception of civic or corporate arms) . There is no such thing as a ‘family coat of arms’ The arms represented below are personal arms (with the above exceptions). Only the individual granted these arms has the right to use them. for more information see our pages on heraldry here:
Argent, three roebucks’ heads, couped, Azure, collared, Or, with a bell, pendent from each collar, Gules.
2) HANNAY OF MOCHRUM
3) Ramsay William Rainsford
HANNAY OF KIRKDALE & THAT ILK
1) Argent three roebucks heads couped Azure collared Or with a bell pendent there from Gules.
2) Argent three stags’ heads couped Azure collared Or belled Gules.
3) Argent three roebuck’s heads couped Azure collared or with bells thereto pendant Gules.
1) Alexander Nisbet’s A System of Heraldry 1722
2) Sir James Balfour Paul’s Scottish Ordinary
3) Burke’s Landed Gentry Kingdom in Scotland
Lyon Register 31st Oct 1983
Argent three bucks heads couped Azure collared Or with a bell pendent Gules all within a bordure engrailed quarterly Gules and Azure for difference. An Ordinary of Arms Volume II 1902-1973
21st March 1939 33/56
Argent three bucks’ heads couped Azure collared Or with a bell pendent Gules on a chief of the last a tower of the first masoned Sable between two lymphads also Argent. An Ordinary of Arms Volume II 1902-1973
22nd April 1970 52/60